Comments

Feel free to post a message in the Reply box at the bottom of this page.

You could ask a question or make a suggestion about our site; maybe there is something that it should include;  let us know.

If you wish us to contact you,  just type a suitable message and we will contact you by a return e-mail.

Advertisements

38 Responses to Comments

1. Otto ntshanyana says:

I had a good time at brandlesholme as a Methodist minister from 2003-2008

2. Peter says:

Most pleasing

3. Louise Christie says:
  4. So many good memories of brandlesholme Methodist and the “hut”sky

5. Denzil Phillipson says:

My name is denzil phillipson and I live in greenmount. I remember Cameron and his sister very well along with his dad who I think was called Donald and his mum Renee. I have some very happy memories of brandlesholme methods church and the youth club and concert parties , each event held it the building affectionately know as THE HUT
    Happy innocent childhood days,sadly long since gone.

• What’s happening – another one! Lovely to hear from you too, Denzil! We still have several members at Brandlesholme of your ‘vintage’ – though no Hut … You’d be more than welcome (along with Cameron) at our Anniversary service (followed by tea and a time to catch up with old friends) on Sunday 20 November at 3 pm. Maybe see you there?!

• Hi denzil, I remember you also from our younger days very well. I am living in Winslow now

• Denzil phillipson says:

Hi Cameron,
        I am married with 2 daughters and two grandaughters. I live in greenmount and ran a successful electrical contracting business. I had to pass the business on ten years ago as I was diagnosed with throat cancer and had to have major surgery. I still manage to get around but with difficulty if only we could turn the clock back.
        Regards
        Denzildes

6. Peter Roscoe says:

A happy New Year to all our congregation. May we long continue our happy association, Hopefully we will have more people use this site during the year – in my experience of Bury Clarion Cycling Club these modern means of communication can work for good. Alas as we all know they are used for evil so lets expand our efforts for good.
    Peter & Sylvia

7. Mike Holden says:

Hello
    From Mike Holden
    May I wish everyone a very Merry Christmas and a Happy new year
    I have very fond memories of the Church, it was the Hut then in my teenage years from the early 1960’s for quite a few years. I am an old codger now. If anyone from that era is reading, may I wish you all well.
    Just one item of note, I met my old friends Eric and Shirley Johnson last year (and this), the first time we have met for 50 years. They don’t look any different
    Living by the sea in North Essex now but visit regularly as my sister still lives in Rudgwick Drive

• Denzil Phillipson says:

Hi Mike,
      My name is Denzil Phillipson and I am from the same era as you. I was born in 1945 so I remember the Hut and the happy times we had there, from attending Sunday school to going to the youth club and also the concert parties run by Mr. Morley , who was Suzanne’s dad unfortunately she passed away in 2009. They were happy days, sadly long since gone.

• Michael Holden says:

Hi Denzil
        I remember you very well and if I’m right you lived in Holme Avenue a few doors down from the Hut
        I remember those times with great affection. I heard about Suzanne a couple of years ago and I remember her as a very nice girl who was always cheerful and smiling (and waving her pony tail)
        All the best Denzil
        From Mike Holden

• Denzil Phillipson says:

Hi Mike, whereabouts did you live, I lived 6doors up after the entrance to the Hut. I now live in a bungalow in Greenmount , a far cry from Holme Avenue but I am still the same Denzil. Now more or less restricted to indoors due to COPD , but not complaining as I had a very good working life as I started my own electrical contracting business in 1969 until I had to pass it on in 2006 due to throat cancer. Happily married to my wife Christine for 48 years have two daughters and two grand daughters , so surrounded by women. I have a photograph of a concert party on the stage at the Hut roundabout 1953 , there are about 24 children in the photo. If you can email your email address I will forward it to you. My e mail address is des.sparks@btinternet.com.
        Bye
        Denzil

• Michael Holden says:

hi Denzil
        Happy new Year
        I used to live in Whitehead Crescent
        1953 was a bit too early for me and I cannot recollect much of the church and its people before 1960
        It was very nice to hear from you again and my email address is mikeholden85@yahoo.co.uk

Mike

8. Peter Roscoe says:

Happy New Year to all members of our congregation and here’s hoping the current initiatives will bear fruit. Alas I see the last but one note was mine a year ago with no response. Meanwhile Bury Clarion continues to thrive with constant exchanges of information.

9. Jane Lowe says:

Jane Lowe
    I have just returned from the first soup and sandwich event. I was made to feel very welcome and everything was excellent. A huge thank you to all.

10. It was lovely to see you, Jane! We had a very positive start, despite the awful weather. Looking forward to seeing you next time, on 21 February!

11. Peter Roscoe says:

We enjoyed the event very much. The food was excellent and I enjoyed talking to some of our visitors. Good to have our daughter with us at a time when she is in between jobs. We have a wonderful fellowship.

12. Peter Roscoe says:

I also used today’s event to publicise the Red Rose Social Club where Sylvia and myself are the main organisers. We have some excellent entertainers – singers and givers of talks. Also Bingo sessions. We meet Monday afternoons. After the first three attendances the cost is a modest £2.50. More information can be found on our website – browse Bury Focus Bury Red Rose Club.

13. Good networking, Peter! Lovely to see all three of you at the Soup & Sandwich event – we can always be sure of your support!

14. Cameron Craigie says:

It was great to see all the old friends at the christening of Noah Cameron this morning. It was good to be “Home”

15. It was brilliant to see all the Craigie family together, and to welcome Noah! You’re welcome any time!

16. Cameron Craigie says:

Thanks Branded Holme Methodist will always have a special place in my heart for me and all the Craigie family

17. Vicki Box says:

Hi

Could you tell me if your community room is available to hire and your prices?

I am potentially interested in hiring it for a group of local home educating families to meet regularly for approximately 4 hours one afternoon a week / fortnight for kids to meet and socialise.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Vicki x

18. Thanks for your enquiry, Vicki.

Afternoons available are Tuesdays (before 5:30pm) and Thursdays.
    The price for hiring the hall is £15 per hour.
    Just a warning that the community room / hall is also our church and very occasionally is needed for funerals – but I’m sure there could be some accommodation!
    Best wishes –
    Lynda

19. Eliza Bayfield says:

Hello I was wondering if you can help I was planning on moving my cubs group to a Wednesday but nothing is set in stone yet but I was wondering if the hall was free Wednesday evenings and if so how much will the rent be

Hope to hear from you soon

20. Lisa Winnard says:

Hi I’m interested in Rainbows for my daughter who is 5. How do I register her?

21. Hannah Sheldon says:

My grandma (Elsie Roberts) opened your church in 1976 (I think). Until then she held services in her living room I believe. I’m told I was the first baby to be baptised in your church too.

• My goodness, Hannah! Lovely to hear from you – and to hear your memories of the ‘early days’! The present building was opened 67 years ago, and prior to that, services were indeed held in someone’s front room. I’ll mention you to some of the people at church who would know your grandma. And if you want to re-live old memories, we have a church anniversary service to celebrate those 67 years on Sunday 17 November at 10:30 – it’s to be a very informal service and you’d be made very welcome!
      Thanks for getting in touch!

• Michael Holden says:

From Mike Holden

Reading these messages brings back fond memories. In my teens I was a regular attender at both Church and the Youth club in the early to mid 1960’s My I wish you well for your anniversary service in November and will be thinking of old friends

22. Oops: I should’ve said, Hannah, that the church first started 67 years ago, not that that was when this building was opened. Apologies!

23. Hannah sheldon says:

Woweee…. yes 67 years ago would be when the services were in my grandmas front room. I’m pretty sure the church building was 44 years ago though in 1975/1976. I think I have a picture somewhere. I recognise the ‘Craigie’ name above. Grandma used to regularly talk about Mrs Craigie. Elsie moved to Knutsford in about 1988 to be closer to us. She passed away in 2001 aged 91. She always spoke fondly of her Bury days and used to take me and my sister to the church whenever we were over.

24. Thanks, Mike. I’ll mention you to Bessie etc on Sunday – I’ve no doubt she’ll have some memories of you to share!